Recently we carried out a survey to identify what our businesses value the most at Surrey Research Park and how our community is engaging with the University.
With an excellent response rate of two-thirds, we have a clear picture of how we are performing and how to provide more value for companies in future.
Voted for by our businesses at Surrey Research Park, the survey reveals the most valued assets, irrespective of location
- 75% range of physical spaces
- 69% proximity to like-minded companies
- 66% reputation and association with the University
- 60% reputation and association with the University
- 60% reputation of the Park and its companies
- 57% access to student and graduate talent
- 50% quality of Surrey Research Park management team and access to academic talent.
Building links with the University
Our customers benefit from a wide range of support from the University of Surrey, including access to facilities, funding, research and innovation collaboration, as well as access to student/graduate talent.
Throughout this last academic year, a major effort for Surrey Research Park has been working to establish new initiatives to strengthen links between SRP businesses and the University.
This had included larger networking events, creating a new one stop shop directory for SRP businesses for university facilities and services and providing weekly newsletters that can be found on LinkedIn.
In addition, Surrey Research Park has formed a company-University Working Group to boost student and graduate opportunities.
There is a great sense that Surrey Research Park businesses and the University are growing closer, with 42% of businesses having interacted with academics in the last 12 months.
Business interaction with the University *
- 42% had discussion with academics in the last year.
- 30% interacted with Surrey Business School.
- 28% provided student work experience, taken interns or employed placement students in the last year
- 76% want to access student or graduate talent from the University
- 89% want to know more about research, innovation & Knowledge exchange.
*Survey completed August 2022
We are here to help
We spot our tenants’ successes and help elevate your reach via our weekly community news bulletin. Academics and businesses are better informed to identify collaborative opportunities within our community. Sign up here on LinkedIn.
Encourage all employees on the Park to sign up to our ParkLife e-newsletter. With information on collaborative initiatives, training courses and socials, there is relevant information for everyone.
Networking events – Next event, 7th December
Throughout the year, we run large networking events for the community and invite some of our key University colleagues. The next one will be held in a marquee by Surrey Technology Centre on 7th December. Book here.
As we look ahead, we will continue to build on the momentum and improve the transparency of opportunities within our innovation community and welcome any feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org