Hygiena has a unique opportunity for a BSc student to join the company for a year as a Research Technician at its R&D facility at Surrey Research Park.
Hygiena delivers rapid microbial detection, monitoring, and identification solutions to a wide range of industries, including food and beverage, health care, hospitality, pharmaceuticals, and personal care.
The successful candidate will facilitate Hygiena’s Research and Development programme in routine testing, development projects, data analysis, and reporting. The Research Technician will work with relevant team members to deliver safe, high quality products that deliver against consumer needs. This role requires hands-on development and application of scientific principles.
- Perform basic research for new products and product development – with guided experimental design
- Perform validations on products and processes involving microbiological and biochemical tests – following clear protocols
- Perform customer product testing for bespoke protocol generation – with guided experimental design
- Assist in the day-to-day management of the R&D laboratory
- Studying for a BSc degree in Microbiology, Food Microbiology, Biochemistry or other related discipline.
- Ability to analyse data and communicate findings clearly to other team members
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- All candidates must be available for in-person interviews in Guildford, UK.
Salary £10-15k – Duration 10-12 months. To apply please email a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to recruit a placement student, sign up to advertise on Pathfinder, the University of Surrey’s recruitment portal.
Alternatively email: Placements@Surrey.ac.uk