ANGLE Plc based at Surrey Research Park are looking for x 2 industrial placement students to be part of their Product & Technology Development Group.
Job holders will work in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists, developing ANGLE’s bio-cells capture and study technology.
Tasks for the roles will be based on small projects lasting between a few weeks up to a few months. These may include;
- Identifying and working on process improvement for existing and new products
- Investigating deviations
- Ensuring new and existing pieces of equipment are correctly installed/commissioned and validation is completed on time
- Helping with identification and correction of failures through analysis of equipment history and use of effective and appropriate tools and techniques
- Other engineering continuous improvement projects
- Help with the concept and design of product variations and required verification experiments.
- On-time delivery of planned design and experimental work.
- Data analysis and reporting of design iterations, equipment failure and experimental findings.
- Undertake additional ad-hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Must be studying an Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) or Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) accredited undergraduate degree.
- To have completed a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate degree in Mechanical, Biomedical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering but will not have graduated at the start of the placement.
- Experience within projects on design, modelling and lab implementation and verification, with numerical or experimental methods, of new or optimized devices or systems is desirable.
- Good user of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools such as CAD, FEA and/or CFD.
- Strong interest for engineering design and investigation in a medical device development and manufacturing environment
- Well organised with a drive to get things done
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data collection and analysis
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- A flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Due to the nature of the role, our requirement is for this position to be Guildford based, with flexibility to work shift patterns if required.
Salary estimate – £18,375 per annum (pro-rota basis). 10-12 months. Closing date 21st August
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
If you would like to recruit a placement student, sign up to advertise on Pathfinder, the University of Surrey’s recruitment portal.
Alternatively email: Placements@Surrey.ac.uk