The Annual Research Festival is an event that showcases the very latest research from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) and provides insights into findings in fields such as AI, Data and Risk.
Date: Thursday 23 January
Time: 9am – 5.30pm
Venue: Rik Medlik Building, University of Surrey, GU2 7XH
Examples of the topics that will be covered include:
- What are the challenges of living with smart technologies?
- How can microdata be used to estimate the cost of crime and make better policy decisions?
- What is the link between risk, financial markets and well-being?
- What does ‘power’ now mean in international politics, and how has it been affected by technological change?
The event is free to attend and a full buffet meal will be provided.
The event will host a mix of topical panel discussions and presentations, plus this year’s postgraduate research poster competition and staff research exhibition, as well as three interdisciplinary panel discussions on the following themes:
- Engaging with Digital Realities
- AI, Data, Risks and Wellbeing
- Data and Politics
There will also be a chance to explore your research interests with Faculty research teams over lunch, and the festival will close with a reception in Lakeside restaurant.
You are welcome to drop in to individual sessions on the day, but please do register via the Eventbrite link here.