Do you have a project/work experience for a physics or maths undergraduate or PhD student?
SEPnet (South East Physics Network) organises over 70 summer placements a year for all 2nd and 3rd year physics and maths students and is looking to businesses in industry or research on Surrey Research Park to develop 8-week plus projects in areas such as data analysis, mathematical modelling, product design and testing or science communication.
SEPnet is a consortium of university physics departments – Hertfordshire, Kent, Portsmouth, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Southampton, Surrey, Sussex and Open University.
Who can apply?
The scheme is aimed at any organisations interested in recruiting physics or maths graduates, or who can offer valuable business experience, including large companies, SMEs, start-ups, research institutions, charities and NGOs.
Benefits to employers
- Early access to bright, numerate students with excellent problem-solving and IT skills
- Enables you to carry out projects you would not normally have time for
- Provides a fresh perspective on your business challenges
- All advertising, administration and placement support is handled by the SEPnet team
- Some funding available for SMEs
- Read our short placement case studies
What employers have said:
‘Very satisfied with the whole process, organised and straightforward, with good students.’
‘We took SEPnet students for the second year running and have been very impressed with the calibre, their capabilities and the general high standard. For your records we have just made a permanent job offer to one of the students…’.
For more information visit SEPnet Summer Placement Scheme – Information for Employers – SEPnet or email email@example.com
Register your placement project, or projects, online here by Friday 12 February. Early projects will be prioritised