February 28, 2022 | Placement
ANGLE Seeks Placement Students For Cell Biology & Molecular Analysis
ANGLE’s Research and Development team at Surrey Research Park are looking for x 2 students to provide technical support to their scientists and contribute to the smooth running of their laboratory. The students will be involved in developing downstream assays on Circulating Tumor Cells and will work on several small projects, and undertake medium-sized projects in collaboration with R&D scientists.
- Hands-on laboratory work, primarily in the area of Cell Biology and Imaging or Molecular analysis.
- Provide scientific and technical support to programs and projects.
- Responsible for quality and regulatory compliance of work undertaken.
- Contribute to running of laboratory facility.
- Support all aspects of Laboratory Management in a variety of tasks both in and out of the lab as and when required by line manager; to include but not limited to laboratory admin/operations support and instrument repairs and engineering support.
- Undertake additional adhoc / project work as required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- A degree student, studying a subject related to Biomedical Science or Cell Biology, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology.
- Well organised with a drive to get things done.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data collection and analysis.
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work.
- A flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job.
- Due to the nature of the role, our requirement is for this position to be Guildford based, with flexibility to work shift patterns if required.
As a member of ANGLE’s highly skilled and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £17,500 per annum (pro-rota basis). 10-12 months. Closing date is 23rd March.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to: [email protected]