September 6, 2020 | News
The National Physical Laboratory (NPL) has recently launched its Measurement for Recovery (M4R) programme, to help innovative UK companies to invest and grow post COVID-19 lockdown.
The programme, which will run until the end of 2020 will enable up to 400 businesses to have access to NPL scientists, engineers and world-leading experts in testing and measurement laboratories and associated resources.
NPL is working alongside partner National Measurement Laboratories enabling industry access to some of the most advanced facilities, techniques and technologies available in the world and will allow companies to be matched to the best scientists and facilities to solve analysis or measurement problems.
The free initiative aims to help boost productivity and competitiveness in UK industry.
M4R allows successful applicants to access up to 20 days’ worth of advice and facilities to solve problems for industry, examples of which include:
• Provide measurement and analysis expertise
• Investigate the feasibility of concepts, and validate products and processes
• Support new products and services which directly support the national response to COVID-19
• Help cost reduction or improve productivity
• Increase product reliability and mitigation of in-service costs
• Offer advice on standards and regulatory needs
How to apply
M4R is available to all registered UK companies. Organisations that meet the criteria can provide details online, including an outline of the challenge to be addressed.
For full details of the programme and how to apply visit the NPL website.
*Led by NPL, the Measurement for Recovery programme enables participants to access the specialist expertise across the UK National Measurement Laboratories – LGC, NIBSC, TUV-NEL, NGML.